Monday, April 27, 2009

Day One

Today I started my new food plan, and I think it went very well. Here is how I ate today:

Breakfast: Strawberry smoothie, made with apple juice and pineapple juice. Also, a piece of multi-grain bread, toasted, with peanut butter.

Lunch: Organic greens salad with low fat sesame ginger dressing. Small bowl of chips with salsa. Big glass of water.

Mid-afternoon Snack: Dry granola with raisins.

Supper: Pork tenderloin with calypso sauce. Organic greens salad with low fat sesame ginger dressing and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Glass of red wine.

Evening Snack: Leftover cake from Harrison's baptism yesterday.

All in all, it was a good first day. I did manage to stay true to the "vegan till suppertime" rule and honestly, I didn't find myself missing animal products during the day. During supper, I stuck to Bittman's suggestion of having only three ounces of meat, and I made the choice of adding just a pinch of low fat cheese to my salad. I did indulge a bit by having a small slice of that leftover chocolate cake, but in this food plan, it's ok to indulge a little once a day.

So far, so good. I am starting my new eating plan at 160 pounds, and Aaron and I will make a habit of weighing ourselves each Thursday night at the YMCA when we take Grace to swimming class. So, I am not expecting to see much of a change between now and Thursday, but I am hoping to see a drop of a pound or two by next Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment